Before you headed out the door this morning, you may have seen a group of Scouts teaching the hosts of Fox & Friends how simple and fun foil cooking can be. The Scouts showed viewers how anyone can make a hot and tasty meal with just a few simple ingredients, a heat source and a roll of heavy duty foil.
During the segment, the Scouts demonstrated the hamburger stew recipe, which is included below but also can be found in our #HandbookHacks video series.
If you were able to catch the segment live, you’re probably hungry and eager to try it out for yourself! Whether you want something sweet or savory, we’re suggesting a few easy foil-packet cooking recipes. Try them out on the campfire, the grill or even in your kitchen!
Share your favorite foil cooking recipe on your social channels and tag it with #HandbookHacks. Stay tuned for our next hack!
- 4 ounces of ground beef
- ½ cup of peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Shape 4 ounces of ground beef into a patty.
- Cut a medium potato and a carrot into thin strips.
- Peel and slice a small onion.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a square of heavy-duty foil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Close the foil using the Drugstore wrap style and lay the package on the grill.
- Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, then turn it over and let it cook for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- 1 Salmon Filet
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- Drizzle salmon with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap in foil and heat for 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
Apple Pie Packet
- 1 apple
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- Cut the core out of an apple and fill the hole with butter.
- Add raisins, cinnamon, and a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Wrap in foil using the Handle Wrap style.
- Bake in the coals for 30 minutes.
Baked Banana Boat
- 1 Fresh Banana
- ¼ cup of Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup of Marshmallows
- Slice banana lengthwise
- Insert chocolate chips, marshmallows or any sweet toppings you might like.
- Wrap in foil using the Handle Wrap style and heat for 8 minutes.
We’ve got more awesome hacks coming your way soon, so stay tuned to the #HandbookHacks video series!
Video Credit: Fox News